GABRIEL OCHALA OKPANACHI is a man of many parts as a father, Lecturer, Educationist, Pastor and Prince.
Gabriel was born on 16th January, 1953 at Uchaikpele -Olowa, Dekina, LGA but his home of nativity is Ulokpa, Alloma in Ofu Local Government of Kogi State, Nigeria. He doubles as prince to the families of Elder Prince EMMANUEL IDAH OKPANACHI of Ogbaje Onu Ikaga Onu OKULA of Atanegoma Alloma and Princess Phoebe Otini Etuh of Ayegba Om’Idoko dynasty of Attah Igala.
Okpanachi Gabriel is happily married to Mrs Grace Ajanigo (nee Samson) and the marriage is blessed with six children -three boys and three girls.
Okpanachi Gabriel until his voluntary mandatory retirement was chief lecturer and two-time Dean School of Education, Kogi State College of Education, (KSCOE) Ankpa.
Gabriel attended the Native Authority primary School ,Agojeju -Ejule, Our Lady of Schools, Teachers’ College, Anyigba, Kogi State (1969-1973) ,the University of Jos where he obtained the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed. HISTORY) JULY, 1982 and Masters in Education ( M.Ed. ) GUIDANCE & COUNSELLING), 1991 and he is currently a Doctoral student at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Okpanachi Ochala Gabriel has published
Four textbooks on Educational, Psychology and Guidance & Counselling, ten (10) Research articles in Higher Institutional and national Educational journals as well as three (3) international journals while unpublished articles/conference and seminar papers are twenty-four (24) and eighteen (18) respectively.
Gabriel is a member of many Professional Associations. He is a
- Member of National Educational Research Association (MNERA)
- Member, Association of Professional Quality Education in Nigeria (APQEN)
- Member ,Counselling Association Of Nigeria (CASSON)
- Member, Teachers’ Registration Council (MTRC), Abuja, 2004.
Prince Okpanachi Gabriel had served and is still serving his society and the nation in diverse capacities. He was General Monitor (Primary School); Sanitary Prefect/Secretary (Scout Club); Games Master, Headmaster,Therbow Nursery and Primary School, Zaria, Teacher, Capital School Kaduna; UniJos-Education Students Union Speaker of the House 1979 to 1980; P.R.O. Benue State Student Union, UniJos (1979-80); Secretary, UniJos Students’ Union Election, 1982.
Editor in-Chief, Adagba Magazine 1980; Secretary Christian Corpers Choir, (1983).
- Lecturer in Psychology, Kano State College of Education, Kano. Pastor and Chaplain, Victory Chapel, Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa.
- Chief Lecturer, Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa ,1997-2018
- Chairman, Teaching Practice Committee, 1996-1998; January 2001 to 2004.
- Secretary, School of Education, Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa; 1983-85.
- Co-ordinator, Educational Psychology, Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa; 1987-1988.
- Examination Officer, School of Education, Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa; 1986-1989, 1996-98, 2001 to 2004
- Counsellor – 1989 to 2018
- Head of Department, Department of Educational Psychology, Kogi State College of Education, 1991 to 1996; 1999 to 2001
- Co-ordinator, NCE by Correspondence, Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa 1991 to 1996; 1998; 1999-2001.
- Repertoire – National Commission for Colleges of Education Conference – Federal College of Education, Kano, 1991.
- Secretary, Implementation Committee on the Semester System, College of Education, Ankpa.
- Chairman Management Committee: Implementation Committee on the Establishment of Demonstration Secondary School KSCOE, Ankpa. 1996-1998.
- Member: Management Committee: KSCOE Ankpa, Demonstration Secondary School.
- Chairman: Demonstration Primary School, KSCOE, Ankpa. 1996-1998.
- Chairman: Guidance and Counselling Committee, Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa, 1998- 2001
- External Moderator: Teaching Practice, College of Education, Oju. Benue State. 1994- 2000
- External Moderator, Semester Exams, Federal College Of Education, Okene.
- External Assessor , Academic. Staff Promotions, Federal College Of Education, Okene.
- Member & Prayer Co-ordinator Global Education Partners:
Okpanachi holds several merit awards as speaker, Education students’ Association, University of Jos ,1981/82;
Research paper writer & presenter, Igala Education Summit, Kogi state University, Anyigba, 29/12/2009.
Education Students’ Association, Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa 1996-1998 & 2001-2004.
Award for good Management, Demonstration Primary & Secondary Schools, KSCOE, Ankpa. 1996-1998; 2001-2004.1995-2006.
Resource Person, Kogi State Universal Basic Education Board/ Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa, Capacity Workshop,2009 & 2010.
Igala Students’ Association, University of Jos ,1982 ,award for meritorious service at retirement from service by Dean and staff ,School of Education, Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa.
Phone Numbers: 08104618060 & 08124918596
E-mail Address: email@example.com